Sunday, December 8, 2013

Rose tip manicure- simple nail art!

I haven't done a manicure post in a long time, and this one is far overdue!

I was inspired by this pin on pinterest. Here is the picture from it. There was no credit on the pin (it just leads to a list of "pastel nails") but a little google magic lead me to this blog! Apparently the picture is from before she had a blog so that's why it's hard to find credit.

So, while mine are of course nowhere near as pretty as the original, I gave it a shot and I don't think they turned out bad!


Um close they really don't look like roses. I get that. But they are a ~full on Monet~ so they look pretty good from far away.

I put together a short pictorial on how to replicate this. Or how I did it , anyway.


First I painted all nails with Sally Hansen Instadri Pink Blink and layered Sinful Colors You Just Wait on top of it. It may not be obvious in the pictures but this is a GORGEOUS combination! I loved that the SC added a pearly pink sheen on top of the baby pink SH. It reminded me of a barbie doll.


Next I added small blobs that would be the rose buds across the top. These are Sally Hansen Instadri in Flashy Fuchsia and on my accent nail I started layering Wet n Wild Shine in Sparked. The blobs don't have to be perfect, just circular shaped.


Next I added little 'C' shaped and swirls into the rose buds in Wet n Wild Shine French White Creme to create dimension to the roses. I added small leaves in Sinful Colors Irish Green.


I added more Sparked to try and get a more opaque glitter.


All in all I really liked how this manicure turned out. It was very feminine and pretty.


All products used, from left to right. SC You Just Wait, Wet n Wild Shine Sparked, Wet n Wild Shine French White Creme, Sally Hansen Insta-dri Pink Blink, Sally Hansen Insta-dri Flashy fuchsia, Sinful Colors Irish Green.

What do you think of this manicure? Do you ever use 'abstract' roses as an accent to your manicures? 
Let me know!!

Follow your bliss,
Ember Darling

4 comments:

  1. That is really pretty and delicate looking. I love the accent nail with the sparkles as well! great job.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading & replying to comments so always check back here to see my reply!
I encourage you to leave a link to your blog so that I can check it out!

EmberDarling